Group Executive Director
Instrument is a digital product and brand experience agency of more than 400 talented people on a dozen different teams, each focused on particular clients and dedicated to producing best-in-class work. Our shift to a remote-first model has only strengthened and diversified our company culture, and we’re committed to career advancement, personal support, and a healthy work/life balance for everyone we hire.
You are an expert Digital Media Marketing Manager, adept at designing, planning, and executing integrated advertising and promotion campaigns for global brands through skilled project management. You know how to manage resources, including allocating staff to projects and negotiating with vendors & clients. You know how to manage Fortune 500/Blue chip clients within the technology sector, and are comfortable with supervising a team of professional staff of digital producers, designers, developers, and creative technologists.
What You'll Do
- Promote company growth by establishing high-level and long-term business strategy and managing multiple client teams.
- Responsible for overall account leadership and client relationships, developing key relationships that position Instrument as a strategic advisor and innovative partner for our clients.
- Develop and achieve yearly revenue goals for business within major client groups for work across multiple teams.
- Innovate and strategize to ensure long-term success.
- Lead and support sales for a portfolio of business from $20 to $60 million.
- Identify and develop organizational changes needed to enable strategic growth within the company.
- Define, manage, and strategize the vision of multiple business teams in partnership with the Executive Directors of the teams.
- Grow and diversify the business accounts within your purview and coordinate with the VP of Business Development to support and prioritize business development opportunities.
- Understand the larger corporate vision and lead multiple teams through strategic decision-making to ensure long-term growth and success.
- Lead strategic development, acquisition and kick-off of new business and account growth within the target client group.
- Oversee and support business planning tasks, including yearly goals, quarterly team re-forecasts, and hiring and revenue modeling quarter by quarter.
- Coach and mentor Executive Directors and Team Leads assigned to your teams.
- Identify opportunities for innovation within Instrument and play a key role in change management process to accomplish innovations.
- Examine team performance on a monthly basis and provide strategies to Executive Directors on how to advance teams toward their revenue goals.
- Advise and mentor other business leaders and producers on recommended approaches for target client groups to ensure optimal performance in client partnerships and work.
- Act as disciplined hiring manager for your teams to support prioritization and clarity in team design and resourcing requirements.
- Review and support negotiation of Statements of Work Understand financial implications of each project to inform future business decisions and scooping best practices.
- Achieve targeted billability in your contributions to the client work.
- Telecommuting permitted from within normal commuting distance.
What You'll Bring
- Ten (10) years of experience (or in the alternative, a Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field plus 8 years of experience) in each of the following:
- Digital media, including experience designing, planning, and executing integrated advertising and promotion campaigns for global brands, such as mobile apps, microsites, blogs, social media campaigns, website refreshes, online content, Facebook apps, campaign display media, and other interactive digital projects;
- Project management, including: requirements gathering, scoping, documentation of project deliverables, management of workflows across internal teams and external vendors, developing and maintaining budgets, scheduling, and establishing goals and operating procedures for planning and executing interactive advertising campaigns for clients;
- Resource management, including allocating staff to projects;
- Negotiating with vendors & clients; and
- Client management of Fortune 500/Blue chip clients within the technology sector.
- Also requires at least 2 years of experience in: Supervising, hiring, and team planning strategy for digital producers, designers, developers, creative technologists, or similar professional staff, with authority to make decisions or recommendations on hiring, firing and promotions.
- This role is required onsite at our Portland office (some telecommuting permitted from within normal commuting distance)
- The expected pay range for this position is $175,000-$210,000 for our base US Region 3* (Portland).*Learn more about our pay philosophy and cost of living adjustments.
What We Offer
- Flexible, Hybrid Work Environment
- Great Compensation with Annual Reviews (Learn more about our Pay Philosophy)
- Annual Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Matching with Immediate Vesting
- Robust Medical, Vision, and Accident Insurance
- Generous Paid Holidays and unlimited PTO
- Monthly Wellbeing & WFH Stipend
- Career Management and Leadership Training
Here’s what you can expect once you apply
- We'll review your application and reach out to discuss next steps
- You'll meet with a recruiter and we’ll get to know each other a little better.
- You'll have two remote interviews with key decision makers for the role you’re interested in
- You'll get extended an offer and start!