Show up, make incredible work, and live the life you want
From day one, we’ve been committed to making Instrument a place where people can make the best work of their career — sustainably. This means working reasonable hours. Spending each day in a welcoming, inclusive environment. Taking vacations when you need them. We believe in doing everything we can to help our employees lead healthy, full lives.
Health & Wellbeing
While it should be standard practice for companies to offer health and wellbeing benefits to their employees, it’s not always the case. Here, it is—even alternative care such as massage and acupuncture.
- Generous coverage for three medical plan options (employee cost subject to coverage selection)
- 100% employee coverage vision and dental insurance
- Alternative / naturopathic care benefits
- Transgender coverage (including hormone therapy and gender affirming surgery)
- Fertility coverage
- Optional Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- WFH & Wellbeing monthly stipend
- Mental Health coverage and support
- Headspace membership
Work is important, but so is everything else. We want you to have time to do all the things that make you, you.
- Unlimited Vacation Time Off (including learning and volunteering time off)
- Team Days Off (for your project team to take a break together)
- Company-wide closures (for the whole company to take a break together)
Your growth is important to us. Expanding your skills, perspective, and experiences are all supported here.
- Structured career management and mentorship
- Internal programming & education
- Individual professional development stipend
It’s simple. You help us reach our goals; we share the rewards with you.
- Every full-time employee receives a discretionary profit-sharing bonus each year
Were we ever to use the term ‘adulting’—which we wouldn’t—it would be for this. Planning ahead is smart, and we’d like to help set you up for a great future.
- 100% 401K matching for up to 4% of your eligible compensation
We get it—growing a family is wonderful and exhausting. Many of us are parents, too. We respect your time away, and will support you as you transition back to work. These benefits apply to the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a new human in your life.
- 16 weeks paid & protected leave for primary caregivers
- 8 additional weeks protected leave for primary caregivers (unpaid)
- 4-6 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers
- Dedicated, private lactation rooms in our offices
- Contribution for after‑school care, daycare, and in‑home care for dependents
It’s important to us that we take care of you if something serious comes up for you or someone close to you.
- Medical, bereavement, hardship, and other types of leave