Show up, make incredible work, and live the life you want
From day one, we’ve been committed to making Instrument a place where people can make the best work of their career — sustainably. This means working reasonable hours. Spending each day in a welcoming, inclusive environment. Taking vacations when you need them. We believe in doing everything we can to help our employees lead healthy, full lives.
Health & Wellbeing
While it should be standard practice for companies to offer health benefits to their employees, it’s not always the case. Here, it is—even alternative care such as massage and acupuncture.
- 100% employee coverage for health, vision and dental insurance
- Alternative / naturopathic care benefits
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Work is important, but so is everything else. We want you to have time to do all the things that make you, you.
- 15 days of paid time off (through year 2)
- 20 days (years 3 - 7)
- 25 days (after 8 years of tenure)
- 40 hours of sick time per year
Your growth is important to us. Expanding your skills, perspective and experiences are all supported here.
- Annual professional development budget
- Career management services
- Weekly inspirational programming
It’s simple. You help us reach our goals; we share the rewards with you.
- Every full-time employee receives a discretionary profit-sharing bonus each year
Were we ever to use the term ‘adulting’—which we wouldn’t—it would be for this. Planning ahead is smart, and we’d like to help set you up for a great future.
- 100% 401K matching for up to 4% of your eligible compensation
We get it—growing a family is wonderful and exhausting. Many of us are parents, too. We respect your time away, and will support you as you transition back to work.
- 3 months paid & protected leave for primary caregivers
- 3 additional months protected leave for primary caregivers (unpaid)
- 4-6 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers
- Dedicated, private lactation rooms for when you return
- Contribution for after‑school care, daycare, and in‑home care for dependents
It’s important to us that we take care of you if something serious comes up for you or someone close to you.
- Medical, bereavement, hardship, and other types of leave